Finding a camping recipe that will keep your whole crew happy isn’t always easy, and then there’s all the time spent in prep and clean up! Well, not with this easy recipe! This one-skillet taco mac and cheese is a crowd-pleaser that will save you time and keep them asking for more. So, load up your Braxton Creek BX Series travel trailer and head to your favorite camping destination!
1 lb ground beef – swap the meat for ground turkey for a lighter option
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cup elbow pasta
10 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 oz can of diced green chilies
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
8 oz tomato sauce
1 packet of taco seasoning
- Brown the ground beef (or turkey) over medium heat and drain the grease. Season with taco seasoning.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes (do not drain), milk, green chilies, chicken broth, and tomato sauce — salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and stir in noodles.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted and serve!
Tip: Serve over a bed of lettuce for a delicious spin on a taco salad, or top with sour cream, avocado, and salsa for even more depth of flavor.
Delight your family with this delicious spin on two American favorites the next time you’re at the campground. Contact us today if you’re looking for a new travel trailer or fifth wheel to take you to new places this camping season.