Recreational fire safety should be at the forefront of your preparations for your next trip or adventure, which includes verifying detectors and extinguishers. A&L RV wants to ensure that you and your family are safe while traveling, which is why we are here to share our RV fire safety tips.
RV Fire Safety and Maintenance
An internal combustion makes your RV go, and combining that with the plethora of amenities available in RVs presents a potential fire hazard. Be sure to do the following in order to help decrease the chance of a fire during your vacation:
- Inspect your brakes and bearings
- Double-check all electrical connections
- Inspect your RV engine
- Ensure your smoke detectors and fire extinguishers are functioning properly
- Maintain appliances
- Test the emergency exits
- Check the RV battery
- Get your RV LP-certified with a licensed liquid propane technician
RV Fire Safety At Your Destination
You’ve made it to your destination, enjoying the quality time at your campsite or other parked areas – how do you maintain fire safety when you’re parked or camping?
- Refrain from using extension cords
- Do not overload circuits
- Turn off your LP gas system
- Be smart with power strips
- Keep combustible materials away from fire sources at all times
- Be proactive and plan ahead
Prioritize Safety With Fire Safety Tips From A&L RV Sales
Be sure to consider all of these precautions before taking your next trip to promote fire safety and prevention. If any of your RV parts need inspection as suggested, schedule a service appointment with one of our locations! If you have any questions about a new or used RV, be sure to contact us today for more details and the next steps to follow. We look forward to seeing you at A&L RV Sales very soon!